“436, Block Bd, Sector 1, Bidhan Nagar, West Bengal. From the yellow building come straight and take a right when you see…”
… Wouldn’t life be so much easier if you could say come to “KYYJTG” instead?
That’s right. Every address now has a 6 character code attached to it mapped to the most comprehensive, granular & accurate map dataset for the country. This means that every house number, residence, building,apartment, office, place of interest and even roads or administrative areas, can be precisely identified using JUST 6 characters.
For example, 147, Pocket C2a, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi can now directly be identified by the eLoc = 8GDTYX.
This means that if you type www.mapmyindia.com/8GDTYX, it will take you directly to the address. So an eLoc serves as a custom URL for your digital address!
But here’s the game changer. Even the metro pillar along Shri Maa Anandmayi Marg, leading you to Kalkaji metro station, has an eLoc. Try it yourself. www.mapmyindia.com/T6T478
Link to video demo of eLoc by MapmyIndia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOxj_zNy8U
eLoc by MapmyIndia is the Aadhaar of Addresses: A Digital Address for a Digital India!
An eLoc isn’t just a digital address. It is to a place what an Aadhaar number is to an individual.
This unique address identifierunlocks each piece of contextual information related to that particular building for FREE. MapmyIndia has capitalized on its most accurate, robust, feature-rich and comprehensive map data for India that has been professionally created for more than 20 years. It has over 2 crore eLocs already made and ready-to-implement, and each is attached to over 100s of attributes specific to that exact location.
This means an eLoc is the combination of a code, and a repository of rich location information that acts as a gateway into the most powerful location intelligence available for this country. This can lead to never-before seen smart governance down to each house, unprecedented decision making, precise e-commerce door-step delivery, granular taxi – pick up and drop, effective emergency response, location targeted advertising and much more!
1. India’s largest repository of eLocs across 2+ crore places including houses, buildings, monuments, hospitals, monuments, government offices, etc. Learn more at http://mapmyindia.com/eloc
2. Automatically generated 6 character code – any newly added place also immediately gets an eloc. Try adding a place on maps.mapmyindia.com/add-a-place!
3. Available for FREE in the public domain at maps.mapmyindia.com where you can view, get directions, see rich contextual information like phone numbers, websites, etc if public.
4. Unlocks key location information related to that address such as entrance points, parking spots, electricity provider & usage, water supply, gas supply, down to floor-level information!
5. Covers Land Parcels, metro pillars, road tunnels and any point in India. Just because a place does not have a property does not mean it will not have an eLoc.MapmyIndia’seLoc system supercedes the other systems of house addresses by giving any and every latitude & longitude a unique digital identifier
6. Free APIs available in the public domain to integrate this information and apply in various smart business apps, consumer apps, taxi aggregator apps, smart city apps with valuable information like Adhaar, KYC, etc.
● Simple –Lengthy, complicated addresses are now a thing of the past. Six character digital address gives access to information like location, covered area, demographics etc. of individual house/building/fixture/asset
● Precise – location intelligence right up to the doorstep of each house/premise. Facilitates enhanced navigation, accurate & timely delivery, smarter governance and property tax & amenities assessment
● Standardized –Merging different address systems or adhering to different dialects and languages is no longer a proper. Now have a standard 6 charactereLoc whether it is an address in Andhra Pradesh or Kashmir.
1. Door step delivery– food, e-commerce and courier companies will sve previous time delivering to easy, verified, valid & standardized addresses
2. Taxi Pick-up/Drop-off – eLocs take you to doors or to exact, precise locations even in areas with poor signage and unconventional address systems
3. Tax Evasion management- Combine powerful location information with contextual information for a successful penalty management & tax evasion scheme
4. Emergency response- Save precious time instead of explaining complicated addresses during dispatch. 6 character are much easier to communicate
5. Navigation- Merging different address systems can take time but navigate using standardized 6 character addresses for last-meter navigation
6. Asset Management – Penetrate areas without standardized house addresses to provide water, gas & electricity effectively or monitor your assets, workforce, and fleets.